Gain new expertise and prepare to start or advance your role in the increasingly important and in-demand field of cybersecurity. Leverage the power of our Cybersecurity Fundamentals Online Course to enhance your understanding of the principles that frame and define cybersecurity and the integral role of cybersecurity professionals in protecting enterprise data and infrastructure.
Take advantage of the convenience of online learning through eight hours of instruction that covers key areas of cybersecurity:
- Cybersecurity objectives and roles and the difference between cybersecurity and information security.
- The Principles of Cybersecurity.
- Information Security within Lifecycle Management.
- Risks & Vulnerabilities.
- Incident Response.
The Course’s interactive, self-guided format provides a dynamic learning experience where you’ll learn to:
- Explain the core information assurance (IA) principles.
- Identify the key components of cybersecurity network architecture.
- Apply cybersecurity architecture principles.
- Describe risk management processes and practices.
- Identify security tools and hardening techniques.
- Distinguish system and application security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Describe different classes of attacks.
- Define types of incidents including categories, responses and timelines for response.
- Describe new and emerging IT and IS technologies.
- Analyze threats and risks within context of the cybersecurity architecture.
- Appraise cybersecurity incidents to apply appropriate response.
- Evaluate decision making outcomes of cybersecurity scenarios.
- Access additional external resources to supplement knowledge of cybersecurity.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
The Course is ideal for college/university students and recent graduates, those new to the field, as well as those looking to change careers. It is also an excellent resource for professionals in the field looking for a cybersecurity refresher course.
The Course is an excellent way to gain foundational knowledge in cybersecurity and begin to build your knowledge and kick-start your career in this crucial area. It is also a great way to prepare to earn your Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate.
Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) is a new program designed for the most ambitious cybersecurity professionals, empowering them to elevate their work, take control of their career paths, and earn their place amongst the best.
ISACA Member Price: US $250
Non-Member Price: US $400
Subscription Length: 120 days
CYBERSECURITY FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity objectives
- Cybersecurity roles
- Differences between Information Security & Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Principles
- Confidentiality, integrity, & availability
- Authentication & nonrepudiation
- Information Security (IS) within Lifecycle Management
- Lifecycle management landscape
- Security architecture processes
- Security architecture tools
- Intermediate lifecycle management concepts
- Risks & Vulnerabilities
- Basics of risk management
- Operational threat environments
- Classes of attacks
- Incident Response
- Incident categories
- Incident response
- Incident recovery
- Future Implications & Evolving Technologies
- New & emerging IT & IS technologies
- Mobile security issues, risks, & vulnerabilities
- Cloud concepts around data & collaboration
Level: Beginner – Intermediate
CPE hours: 8