CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification Training
SELF-PACED, VIRTUAL COURSE
Build your technical skills with immersive, hands-on training – now in an on-demand format.
US $1,795 non-member/$1,495 member/$1,295 student
Not an ISACA member?
Learn how to become a member and gain access to our entire resource library, along with a host of other member benefits.
Practical, and Hands-On Cybersecurity Skills Training
Learn in a Live Network Environment – Not a Simulated Environment Like Other Courses
CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification (CSX-P) Training is a 40 hour, immersive cybersecurity training course designed to help you build your technical skillset through true hands-on learning. Our CSX-P Training is conducted in a live, lab-based network environment – not a simulated environment like other courses. You’ll go through complex cybersecurity scenarios based on recent, real-world scenarios and be given live incidents to detect and mitigate. You won’t find this level of hands-on experience anywhere else.
Deepen Your Technical Skillset in Just 40 Hours.
Our intensive CSX-P Training will help you learn critical cybersecurity concepts and practice applying up-to-date, industry leading methods. Build more advanced technical cybersecurity skills in only one week!
Use the Same Tools and Scenarios You’ll Encounter Working in the Real World.
CSX-P features practical, up-to-date instruction and practice using the latest open-source tools, within real-world scenarios. Go back to your job with new knowledge and skills you can put to work day one!
Earn 48 CPE Credits!
Rack up valuable CPE credits through CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification Training.
Detect and Mitigate Live Cyber Incidents with CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification Training.
Learn by actually doing… you’ll walk away knowing how to effectively respond to actual live cyber incidents, in line with NIST, ISO and ISA guidelines. And you’ll be able to confidently speak to the unique aspects of network attacks and compromises.
6-Month Access To Training and Labs
Each lesson and corresponding lab in this immersive training covers complex technical skills and concepts in one of five areas aligned to existing global cybersecurity frameworks:
- Identify: Identification, assessment and evaluation of assets, threats and vulnerabilities in both internal and external networks
- Protect: Implementation of cybersecurity controls to protect a system from identified threats
- Detect: Detection of network and system incidents, events and compromise indicators, along with assessment of potential damage
- Respond: Execution of comprehensive incident response plans and mitigation of cyber incidents
- Recover: Recovery from incidents and disasters, including post incident-response documentation and implementation of continuity plans
Each lesson covered in the course is matched with practice labs and tools
Please see the Course Description tab for more details on the course, and see the Course Outline tab for all of the lessons and corresponding labs covered in the course.
Click here to learn more about our live network lab environment, and see a demo of a sample lab.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification Training is intended for professionals established in the cybersecurity field — with a minimum of one to five years of experience. You should already be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
This course is appropriate for people who are currently in or aspiring to be in the following roles:
- Network Operations Specialist
- Systems Security Analyst
- Cyber Defense Incident Responder
- Knowledge Manager
- Technical Support Specialist
- Enterprise Architect
- Information Systems Security Developer
- Systems Developer
CSX CYBERSECURITY PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION TRAINING
|LAB: Asset Identification||Asset Identification|
|LAB: Data Flow Identification||Data Flow Identification|
|LAB: Enterprise Asset Identification||Enterprise Asset Identification|
|LAB: Data Flow Analysis||Data Flow Analysis|
|LAB: Enterprise Data Flow Analysis||Enterprise Data Flow Analysis|
|LAB: Identify Challenge||Identify Challenge|
- Network infrastructure analysis
- Digital asset analysis
- Network topology construction
- Network topology diagrams
- Data flow identification and mapping
- Tools used to construct a network topology diagram
- Tools used to identify data flow
- Importance of security review
- Gap analysis and its usage
- Security policies and procedures
- Development process for policies and procedures
- Information Sharing
- Importance of understanding legal and regulatory requirements
- Threat modeling
|LAB: Firewall Setup||Firewall Setup|
|LAB: Backup and Restore Points||Backup and Restore Points|
|LAB: File System Protections||File System Protections|
|LAB: OS Baseline||OS Baseline|
|LAB: Protect Challenge||Protect Challenge|
- Vulnerability scanning
- Vulnerability scanning personnel
- Vulnerability scanning tools
- Configuring monitoring systems and alert criteria
- Implementing, configuring, and monitoring security tools and systems
- Developing use cases for security monitoring
- Incident response plan development
- Incident response plan testing
- Incorporation of security considerations into business functions
- Monitoring user access, privileges, and permissions
- Monitoring compliance with security procedures and requirements
- Development of security training
- Evaluating security configurations against established configuration standards and baselines
|LAB: Sec Onion Setup and Testing||Sec Onion Setup and Testing|
|LAB: Snort Rules||Snort Rules|
|LAB: Event Detection||Event Detection|
|LAB: Data and Network Analysis||Data and Network Analysis|
|LAB: Vulnerability Analysis||Vulnerability Analysis|
|LAB: Detect Challenge||Detect Challenge|
- Assessing threat level and potential impact of anomalous behavior and security events
- Researching, analyzing, and correlating system activity and security events
- Monitoring and analyzing outputs from security tools, systems, and logs
- Analyzing malicious activity to determine weaknesses and exploitation methods
|LAB: Incident Correlation||Incident Correlation|
|LAB: Network Forensics||Network Forensics|
|LAB: Malware Investigation and Evaluation||Malware Investigation and Evaluation|
|LAB: Response Challenge||Response Challenge|
- Notifying appropriate incident response teams according to established protocols
- Identifying and implementing appropriate containment measures, countermeasures, and corrective actions
- Collecting and preserving digital evidence according to relevant regulations and laws
- Conducting post-incident analysis
- Communicating and documenting notifications and outcomes of incident response
|LAB: Restore Points||Restore Points|
- Validating whether restored systems meet security requirements
- Updating security plans and procedures following incident response
The CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification Training is a 5-day (40 hour) remote self-paced, intensive cybersecurity training course focused on more complex, technical cyber skills and scenarios. This course is ideal for professionals with up to five years of experience in a cybersecurity role and an intermediate technical skillset.
CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification (CSX-P) Training is conducted in an adaptive, live cyber lab environment, enabling students to build critical technical skills by learning complex concepts and practice applying industry-leading methods. They will learn to utilize the latest open-source tools within actual, real-world scenarios.
Each lesson covered in the course is matched with practice labs and tools, and attendees will receive a complimentary 6-month subscription to the virtual cyber lab environment where they can continue practicing and building technical skills.
CSX-P Certification Training is an ideal way to build complex and advanced technical skills essential for career advancement.
Classes consist of at least 50% hands-on lab exercise, combined with instruction on key cybersecurity concepts
Lessons and lectures are comprised of up-to-date and timely coursework and demonstrations
Click here to learn more about our live network lab environment, and see a demo of a sample lab.
The course provides students with an environment to discuss and practice methods implemented by cybersecurity professionals in key areas aligned with global cybersecurity frameworks. Students leave the course prepared to serve as complimentary team members for enterprises who are workforce ready.
Each lesson and lab in this immersive training covers more complex technical skills and concepts in one of five areas aligned to existing global cybersecurity frameworks:
Identify: Identification, assessment and evaluation of assets, threats and vulnerabilities in both internal and external networks
Protect: Implementation of cybersecurity controls to protect a system from identified threats
Detect: Detection of network and system incidents, events and compromise indicators, along with assessment of potential damage
Respond: Execution of comprehensive incident response plans and mitigation of cyber incidents
Recover: Recovery from incidents and disasters, including post incident-response documentation and implementation of continuity plans
WHO SHOULD TRAIN?
The CSX-P Certification Training is intended for professionals established in the cybersecurity field — with a minimum of one to five years of experience. Participants leave with a concise, clear understanding of relevant technical skills and the governance and policy supporting the required skillset.
Individuals wishing to register for CSX-P Certification Training should already demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
Specialized Port Scans
Network Log Analysis
False Positive Identification
User Account Controls
Individuals just entering the cybersecurity field, or who are newer in their cybersecurity roles, should consider our Cybersecurity Fundamentals Training or our CSX Foundations Series Courses.
CSX Training Courses are the perfect way to build and hone critical skills in cybersecurity, and prepare students for career advancement.
All of our CSX training options, including CSX-P Certification Training, are conducted in an adaptive, live cyber laboratory environment and are focused on building actual technical skill and ability in critical areas of cybersecurity through performance-based learning. Students will have hands-on instruction and practice in applying basic concepts and industry-leading methods and in utilizing a large array of open source tools within real-world scenarios.
The CSX-P Certification Training helps students build the skills necessary to sit for the CSX-P Certification exam. Becoming a CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner is a testament to that individual’s real-life skills and shows employers that they have both the knowledge and the technical ability to walk into an organization and do the job from day one.
REAL-WORLD TRAINING THAT BUILDS REAL TECHNICAL SKILLS TO HELP YOU COMBAT REAL THREATS
CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner: Integrated Learning in an On-Demand, Self-Paced Format
Build critical technical cybersecurity skills through hands-on, skills-based training in a cloud-based, virtual environment.
Earn 48 CPEs
On-Demand Format for “Anytime, Anywhere” Learning
CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification (CSX-P) Training course is available on-demand in a cloud-based virtual environment. Train whenever and wherever you want, at your own pace – without expensive travel costs and time away from work.
Hands-On, Practical Training in a Live and Dynamic Network Environment
This comprehensive training course combines instruction with hands-on learning and practice. It applies basic concepts and industry-leading methods by utilizing a large array of open source tools that you’ll use daily on the job. Build real technical skills by learning to combat real threats in a live, dynamic network environment. This course will help you build the deep technical skills required to perform well in key cybersecurity positions.
Minimal Technical Requirements
Unlike most typical training courses, which require students to set up their own environment, the CSX-P virtual, self-paced course only requires a high-speed Internet connection, browser and a computer. No need to download or configure anything.
Earn the CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification
The CSX-P certification is the first vendor-neutral, performance certification that measures and validates technical cybersecurity skills and abilities. The CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification Training course helps you build key technical cyber skills. Learn more about the CSX Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification here.