COBIT 5 ASSESS FOR SECURITY
Professionals who have mastered the COBIT 5 Assessor Course can prove their expertise by earning a certificate.
Not an ISACA member?
Learn how to become a member and gain access to our entire resource library, along with a host of other member benefits.
The COBIT 5 Assessor course helps students learn the basis for assessing an enterprise’s process cybersecurity capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM). This evidence-based model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives, by providing a reliable, consistent and repeatable method to assess IT process capabilities.
The results from conducting this type of assessment offer a means of determining process capability and can be used for:
- Process improvement
- Delivering value to the business
- Measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals
- Consistent reporting
- Organizational compliance
The Course will help you:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using using COBIT 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment and:
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyze the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyze the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide in order to:
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
The Course is designed for internal and external auditors, IT auditors and consultants, cybersecurity professionals
Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) is a new program designed for the most ambitious cybersecurity professionals, empowering them to elevate their work, take control of their career paths, and earn their place amongst the best.
- Successful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
Recommended Length: 3 days
- Accredited Training Organizations (ATO)
- Accredited Trainers
ISACA’s Training and Educational Programs Including: On-site training | Conferences | Training Weeks
Interested in classroom training? View our Accredited Training partners to find COBIT training near you.
Bring the training to you. For more information on ISACA’s COBIT on-site training program, contact email@example.com.
COBIT 5 ASSESSOR EXAM
For those professionals that have mastered the understanding of how to perform a formal Process Capability Assessment and how it can be used to:
- Enable business goals
- Prioritize improvement initiatives
- Identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of information and technology assets
These professionals ensure stronger, more reliable control over internal processes and provide stakeholders a clear line of sight into process capabilities, allowing IT leaders to redirect or liberate resources – from service delivery to designing and implementing technology-enabled, information-rich and transformed business process – to increase innovation and value for the enterprise.
- Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam
- Successful completion of the COBIT 5 Assessor Course
- Internal and External Auditors
- IT Auditors
- COBIT 5 Assessor Course
- COBIT 5: A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- The Assessor Guide: using COBIT 5
- The Process Assessment Model (PAM): using COBIT